Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Day at the Park...

When it starts to get really warm out I get excited to do the spring/summer things again. Today we were at 98 degree. Conor and I went and celebrated the warm weather in true fashion. We fed the ducks.

We get there and I have been trying to tell him to not chase the ducks. I get him out of the car and what does he do....gives chase to the poor ducks/geese. I chase him down and let him know to just throw the bread at the ducks to eat. Well for some reason the ducks weren't hungry. They just weren't interested in our bread. (It wasn't even stale, I had just bought the cheap bag from Wal-Mart). So we went down to the water's edge to entice some in to eat a little. They were the smart ones, chillin in the water where it was nice and cool.


On the way over we found her. She is hoping we don't see her. She did hiss a little when I stoped and pointed the camera in her face.
We get down to the water edge and he is so excited. He keeps screaming at the ducks. "Ducks here!" I decided to let him just do his thing. I turned around to see if there was a rock I could watch him from and he had waded out in the water to go get the ducks. I wish I would have got a picture, but I freaked out a little and ran to get him. The kid is fearless!

I give him is bag of bread and let him have at it. I had told him over and over, "Conor give them pieces". You can see how well that went over as you see whole pieces of bread hurled into the air at the waiting ducks. Then you can see the whole pieces floating in the water. (See his wet pants up to the knees?) He was trying to go pick up the piecesof bread out of the water that he had thrown that weren't eaten yet. So finally after we had fed the whole bag of bread we were done. I let him feed his ducks. He has asked over and over again if we can go back. We had the pleasure of running into this happy little guy who hissed at us as we walked by. Conor tried to stick his hand down to give it a little pat on the head. I had to whisk his hand away just in time to save his fingers. Geese are so not happy little creatures. We will stick to the ducks.

This little man of mine makes me so happy. I am so happy to be his mom. He makes me laugh ever day. I'm so blessed to be a mom!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Freakin' hilarious! All boy! And I hate geese--they used to chase me in Winslow!! Scary!!

Anonymous said...

Why do you like hot weather? Urgh. We are opposites there. If I were those ducks, I'd be afraid of Conor too! Remember when I got chased by a rooster? How can birds be so scary?

showlowhall@frontiernet.net said...

He is just adorable!
So glad you are able to be a stay at home mom and enjoy your son!
Love you,
Twila and Uncle Chris