Friday, September 5, 2008

Potty!!

Yep, at that age when it is time to start potty training. My little man is all about stepping up on his stool and try to go "potty". He shocked me last night and actually went pee. He also likes to wash his hands afterwards. A boy after my own heart!! I'm so proud. So yes, I'm going to add pictures. He will kill me when I pull these out the night of his Senior Prom.

So here is the set up we have going on. The stool is very helpful, I decided I wasn't going to mess with one of those little toilets. I have emptied to many commodes in my days in the hospital. So he is going to have his stool and make it work on the big toilet! (By the way my toilet isn't dirty that is the blessing of hard water. Nice stains!)

Here he is, doing his thing! I can't believe he is getting so big. He is my little man and I love him so much!!

4 comments:

Bethany and Cameron said...

He sure is gonna kill you when you pull those out later! But man, that's GREAT blackmail! Go Conor--what a big boy! I'm glad you are teaching him on a real toilet--I think it's just easier that way--you're super smart!:)

Anonymous said...

Wahoo! I'm so happy he's started potty training! I don't know about those little toilets either. They seem pretty disgusting to me. Good for you and good for your little man!

Shannon said...

Wow lucky you. Every time I ask Landen if he wants to go potty in the toilet he just says NO.

kara said...

Kymi that's awesome about Conor, I just potty trained Ty it went great, granted he is 3 already but each child does it when they are ready. We used a potty sticker chart he got to pick a "cool train sticker" every time he went #1 he also picked about 10 treasures that he loved from the dollar store for his treasure box he got to pick a "treasure" every time he went #2 it worked like a charm. Those are just some ideas that worked well for us. I found candy rewards caused grouchy/hyper results. Good luck that is very exciting.